The ESA Congress is ESA’s supreme controlling organ, dealing with a variety of matters including election of the ESA President and the ESA Executive Committee
The ESA Congress is ESA’s supreme controlling organ.
An Ordinary Congress is held every year. A second Ordinary Congress may be called by the ESA Executive Committee to deal with financial matters and/or matters of particular significance.
The press conference following the 2019 Congress
Matters within its power include:
- receipt and consideration of the ESA Annual Report
- acknowledgement of the financial report and the auditors’ report, approval of the annual accounts and budget
- election of the ESA President
- election of ESA Executive Committee members, and ratification of the Executive Committee members elected by the English Club Association (ECA) and English Divisions & Leagues.
- election of the English members of the UESA Council
- election of the auditing body
- amendment of the ESA Statutes
- consideration and taking of decisions on proposals
- consideration of membership applications and the exclusion of a member or member association
- decisions on the lifting or continuation of the suspension of a member association, ESA Executive Committee member or a member of another body
- consideration of proposals for the dismissal of a ESA Executive Committee member or the ESA organs for the administration of justice
- receipt and consideration of the FISA and UESA Congress agenda
- receipt and consideration of the minutes of the previous ESA Congress
- bestowal of honorary membership
An Extraordinary Congress may be convened by the ESA Executive Committee, or at the written request of one fifth or more of the ESA member associations, stating the items to be placed on the agenda.
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, North East England, staged the xxth Ordinary ESA Congress on 7th April 2018. The main items on the agenda were:
- ESA Annual Report for 2016/17
- Reports of the committee chairmen
– ESA President (for a four-year term)
– ESA Executive Committee (eight members, including at least one female, for a four-year term)
– UESA Council (two UESA vice-presidents for a four-year term, one ordinary member for a four-year term, and two ordinary members for a two-year term)
- Ratification of a new representative of the English Club Association (ECA) on the ESA Executive Committee
- Ratification of new members of the ESA Organs for the Administration of Justice
- The full Congress can be watched here
The xxst Ordinary ESA Congress will take place in Royal Tunbridge Wells on 26-28 March 2021.
ESA may, on the proposal of the ESA Executive Committee, bestow the status of honorary president or honorary membership upon a person for especially meritorious services to English Subbuteo.
- 2017/18 ESA Annual Report
- 2017/18 ESA Financial Report
- 2017/18 ESA Financial Report – annex
- 2017/18 Report of the President and Executive Committee – ESA Administration Report
- 2018/19 ESA Financial Planning
- 2018/19 ESA Annual Report
- 2018/19 ESA Financial Report
- 2018/19 ESA Financial Report – annex
- 2018/19 Report of the President and Executive Committee – ESA Administration Report
- 2019/20 ESA Financial Planning
- 2019/20 ESA Annual Report
- 2019/20 ESA Financial Report
- 2019/20 ESA Financial Report – annex
- 2019/20 Report of the President and Executive Committee – ESA Administration Report
- 2020/21 ESA Financial Planning
Honorary presidents may attend the ESA Congress and ESA Executive Committee meetings in an advisory capacity, but have no vote. Honorary members may attend the ESA Congress in an advisory capacity, but have no vote.
ESA honorary president
ESA honorary members